Wearing Capture on your backpack strap
Capture lets you secure your camera to any strap on any backpack. This opens up a vast array of camera carrying possibilities for hiking, downhill or cross-country skiing, backpacking, climbing, motorcycling, or simply strolling around town. Check out this video for some quick tips on shoulder strap positioning…
- Most photographers prefer wearing Capture on their left shoulder strap, just below their collarbone. This position provides ample support and easy access to the quick release button.
- Try moving Capture up and down on your shoulder strap to find out the position that is most comfortable for you.
Maximizing Camera Stability
- Pull your shoulder straps tight to reduce the movement of your camera.
- If your backpack has sternum and/or waist straps, fasten then and pull them tight to increaseyour comfort and improve your camera’s stability.
- Backpacks that are fully packed and heavier will further increase the stability of your camera, especially if you have a heavier camera/lens combination.
- For especially jarring activity like skiing or trail running, cinch your sternum strap around your lens barrel to fully anchor your camera against your chest.